Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Rennet Tablets finally came!! Key ingredient for making Mozzarella Cheese

I ordered a box of rennet tablets on ebay around the end of 2011, and they finally arrived yesterday!!! I've been waiting for so long!:) I've been searching for rennet tablets for ages, I even tried to find them before moving to Canada, I traveled almost 1/3 of Hong Kong to look for them and I failed. 

Rennet and citric acid are the main ingredient for making Mozzarella. Rennet is actually an enzyme from cow's stomach, it is often used for cheese production. Rennet reacts with milk, it separates milk into solid(curd) and liquid(whey). I'll be using them to make homemade FRESH Mozzarella Cheese. And I will be using them to make pizzas or salads. And of course I will make a video recipe for that too, stay tuned guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment